Sustainable bathroom cleaning is not only environmentally friendly but also cost-effective. Here are three sustainable bathroom cleaning hacks to help you maintain a clean and green bathroom:
1. Vinegar and Baking Soda Scrub:
- Combine equal parts white vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Vinegar is a natural disinfectant and helps break down mineral deposits and soap scum.
- Sprinkle baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) on surfaces you want to clean, such as sinks, tubs, and tiles.
- Spray the vinegar and water solution over the baking soda.
- Let the mixture fizz and sit for a few minutes. This reaction helps break down dirt and stains.
- Scrub the surfaces with a brush or sponge, and then rinse thoroughly with water.
- This natural combination is excellent for removing stains, disinfecting, and deodorising your bathroom without harmful chemicals.
2. Reusable Cleaning Cloths:
- Instead of disposable paper towels, invest in reusable microfiber or cotton cleaning cloths. You can wash and reuse them, reducing waste.
- Microfiber cloths are particularly effective at trapping and removing bacteria, dirt, and grime without the need for chemical cleaners. You can use them for multiple surfaces in the bathroom.
3. Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner:
- Mix 1/2 cup of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) with 1/4 cup of citric acid (or borax) in a jar.
- When it's time to clean the toilet, sprinkle this powder into the bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup of white vinegar, and it will fizz and help break down stains and odors.
- Scrub the toilet bowl with a brush and then flush.
- This homemade cleaner is an effective and eco-friendly alternative to commercial toilet bowl cleaners, which often contain harsh chemicals.
Remember to reduce your water usage by fixing leaks and using low-flow fixtures, as water conservation is also a crucial part of sustainable bathroom cleaning. Additionally, consider eco-friendly cleaning products, which are designed to be less harmful to the environment.
Buy your eco friendly cleaning products from Gram here.