CHOC WALNUT BITES WITH A HINT OF MINT
10 Medjool Dates
1 ½ Cups Walnuts
½ Cup Roasted Hazelnuts
¾ Dark Chocolate Chips
1Tbsp Maple Syrup
½ Tsp Mint Essential Oil (or peppermint extract)
75g Dark Choc (for drizzle)
- Line a tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Blend all ingredients (except for the 75g Dark Chocolate) in a food processor until well combined and sticking together.
Mixture should hold when pressed together.
If you find the mixture is too dry, you can add a little extra maple syrup.
- Once all combined, roll mixture into balls and place on the lined baking tray.
- Place in the fridge to cool and set.
- Meanwhile, chop the 75g Dark Chocolate and place into a bowl to melt.
You can either melt it using the double boiler method on the stove top, or in the microwave in 20 second intervals until melted. Be careful not to over melt the chocolate as it will become clumpy.
- Drizzle melted chocolate onto rolled bites, and once complete place back into the fridge to set for at least an hour.
Walnut Bites can be placed into an airtight container and kept for 5-6 days in the fridge or up to 1 month in the freezer.